Tuesday, March 1


History is stranger than Fiction... or just, the same.

Okay, it's late... but I've been working and now I need to write a bit
to unwind, as opposed to writing so that I can kill myself - death by
History essay.. you know what I'm saying.


I was browsing through my history books, looking at all the pretty
sources... and I realized how important it is to have photos in these
books. I don't mean for all the logical normal reasons we use
sources... the sudden realization I had was deeper.
I took one of the GCSE books by Traynor... "Europe 1890-1990" and I
flicked through that. I'd not looked at this particular book before,
and doing so was like flashing back in time. All these months I'd
heard of Kaminev, Zanoviev, Karinsky, Kornilov, Witte, Stoylpin....
but they weren't *people*... they were stories. They could have easily
be fiction and instead of History, been part of a long story. But to
flick through this particular textbook allowed me to see each of their
faces - none how I'd imagined, of course. But each insanely
interesting.

The rest of this ramble will go on in my head. I'm off for the night
before guilt plagues me sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home